BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF WATER
TOPIC – QUALITY OF WATER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to say the qualities of a good water.
Clean and dirty water
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Clean water
- Dirty water
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY WATER SAFE DRINKING
Get water of these categories –
- Clean and odourless water
- Clean and smelling water
- Dirty and odourless water
- Dirty and smelling water
Let the pupils compare the colour and odour. Ask them which of the water is safe for drinking, cooking, bathing, swimming, etc.
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE QUALITY OF WATER
- Safe for drinking, cooking, bathing, swimming, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to observe water clean and dirty water.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the water display.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to m mention 2 qualities of good water.
Was this lessons helpful?