RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Members of the Community and their Roles Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – COMMUNITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Rules in the Community
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention the rules in the community.
The pupils belong to a community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ textbooks
4. Video clips
5. Drama of different communities
6. Members of the class.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Take the pupils for a walk to meet the community’s leader(s) of where the school is located to ask him/her the rules and regulations in the community.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the community’s leader.
Teacher’s Remark – For active participation, give the pupils a great cheer. Ask the them to state the rules in the community mentioned by the community’s leader and note these points on the board.
RULES IN THE COMMUNITY
A community is a group of people living in a particular area under the same rules and regulations. Some of these rules are –
6. Peaceful existence
LESSON 2 – OTHER RULES IN THE COMMUNITY
9. Keep the environment clean.
10. Do not loiter in the street at night.
11. Where there are entrance gates, security guards must lock the gates at midnight at the agreed time.
12. Entrance gates should be promptly opened at the agreed time.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to state the rules in the community as mentioned by the community’s leader.
Pupil’s Activities – Learns the rules as mentioned by the community’s leader.
3. Asks pupils to find out from their parents the rules in their community and report back to the class.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out from their parents rules in their community and report back to the class.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. list at least 3 rules in the community.
2. mention some of the responsibilities of members in a community.