Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SCHEME OF WORK
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
TOPIC – MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND I
- Types of Musical Instruments
- Local Musical Instruments
- Foreign Musical Instruments
- Meaning of local Instruments
TOPIC – MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND II
- Meaning of Foreign Musical Instruments – These are objects that are used by foreigners to produce their own music which are incorporated into the Nigerian music.
TOPIC – MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND III
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO THEATRE AND DRAMA
- Definition of theatre
- Meaning of Drama
Drama involved impersonation and imitation of people and situations (i.e. role play of people and situations) before audience by actors and actresses.
TOPIC – DANCES OF THE LOCALITY
- Definition of dance
- Dances for different occasions and festivals
- Dances of the locality
- Characteristics of different dances for various occasions
TOPIC – BASIC BODY MOVEMENTS IN DANCE
- Components of body movements in dances
TOPIC – BASIC BODY MOVEMENTS IN DANCE II
- Expressing Concept of time, space and mood in dances
- Movements in Music and Rhythm
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO PLAY ACTING
- Meaning of Play Acting
- Definition of –
- Role play
- Make up
TOPIC – PLAY ACTING I
- Characterisation of Play Acting – It means imitating a person talk and behave.
TOPIC – PLAY ACTING II
- Two Common Class of Characters
- Round Characters – One who changes with time and circumstance.
- Flat Character – One who does not change with time and circumstance.
TOPIC – ORGANISE GROUP DRAMA
- Organize a Drama of Class Members
WEEK 12 – Revision and Test
WEEK 13 – EXAMINATION