CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS (CCA)
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 8
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Choose the correct options from the provided ALTERNATIVES.
1. Fabric is one of the materials for _______________.
(c) bead making
(d) mat weaving
2. A basic ground support is the material for _______________.
(b) planographic process
3. _______________ is the style of music of Chief Ebenezer Obey.
(c) Afro beat
(d) Gospel song
4. _______________ is a time when all the people in a drama presentation practice before public performance.
5. _______________ talks about communication skills and styles of the actors and actresses.
Second Term Examination Cultural and Creative Arts (CCA) Basic 7 (JSS 1)
Second Term Examination Cultural and Creative Arts (CCA) Basic 3 (JSS 9)
6. Iyanya is one of the _______________ in Nigeria.
(a) drama artist
(b) dance artist
7. _______________ serves different purposes in different ways depending on the cultural or social concept.
(a) dance instrument
(b) drama instrument
© contemporary instrument
(d) musical instrument
8. _______________ is a self sounding instrument that is used to produce sound by the vibration of the body.
9. There are _______________ types of musical instruments.
10. _______________ is a form of art which involves the use of colours to depict or represent pictures.
11. _______________ has no key signature of its own.
(a) Major scale
(b) Double scale
(c) Minor scale
(d) Single scale
12. Still life is a type of _______________.
13. There are _______________ types of minor scales.
14. _______________ minor scale is built up of light notes with semitone occurring at the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th degree of a scale.
15. The painting that involves things created by God or nature is called _______________.
(a) still life
16. _______________ is referred to as musical vocabularies.
(a) Musical terms
(b) Musical instruments
© Musical words
(d) Musical rules
17. In music, the meaning of ‘Adaglo’ is _______________.
18. This sign // means _______________ in music.
(a) bar line
(b) space bar line
(c) single bar line
(d) double bar line
19. The western musical instruments are categorized into _______________.
20. _______________ is used in pottery work.
SECTION B – OBJECTIVES
Answer four (4) questions only.
1a. Write three materials each on these crafts:
(ii) bead making
1b. Write four materials for the planographic process.
2a. list four Nigerian music composers and their styles.
2b. Explain what is meant by rehearsal.
3a. State five dance artists in Nigeria.
3b. Define musical instruments.
4a. What is painting?
4b. List four types of painting you know.
5a. Mention any four music terms and their meanings.
5b. Explain landscape/sea scape painting.