NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – LISTENING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Verbal Skills – Words and Gesture (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – STORYTELLING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Story of Tortoise
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
listen attentively and narrate the story among themselves.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Animals stories
2. Chart showing different animals.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – STORY OF TORTOISE
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing different animals for the children to identify. Also, display chart showing main content of the story – torture.
Tell the story of tortoise with expression.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Listening attentively and narrate the story among themselves.
LESSON 2 – STORY OF ANY OTHER ANIMALS
Teacher’s Activities – As in lesson 1.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Tells pupils stories.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentive to the teacher’s stories.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. listen to the teacher’s stories.
2. narrate the stories among one another.