CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – THE HOLY SPIRIT WORKING IN US
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Holy Spirit Working in Us II – Influence of the Holy Spirit in our Daily Lives (Primary 5)
TOPIC – THE HOLY SPIRIT WORKING IN US
1. Story of Stephen Faithfulness till Death
2. Parable of the Talents – Three Servants
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain how the Holy Spirit keeps us faithful.
Bible story Bible
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Bible Story books
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Wednesday (12:00 AM – 12:40 PM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
HOLY SPIRIT KEEPS US FAITHFUL – ACTS 7
Summary the story of Stephen and how he was faithful to Jesus to the end of his life and still prayed for his accusers.
GUIDES US TO USE OUR TALENTS PROPERLY – MATTHEW 25 : 14 – 30.
Talents are our natural gift, skills or abilities given by God.
God gives everyone of you the power to do something great with your talent.
The purpose of your God given talent is to make proper use of it. Be very hard working to make your family, church and nation a strong reliable and safe for everyone.
Summary the parable of the talents. Discuss the reward and the punishment of the faithful servants and unfaithful servant.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains who is the Holy Spirit is.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and ask questions.
3. Explains to pupils how the Holy Spirit keeps us faithful.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain who the Holy Spirit is.
2. explain how the Holy Spirit makes us faithful.
3. role of Holy Spirit in the Ministry of the early disciples.