THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
JSS 1 (BASIC 7)
Answer all questions.
1. Communicating ones feelings while respecting the rights of others is called ____________.
2. Components of social studies does not include ____________.
3. All are types of family except ____________.
4. ____________ is a gang behavior that is in our educational institutions where members are involved in oath taking.
(a) Boys scout
(b) Girls brigade
5. A technique in abstinence is ____________.
6. The total ways of life of a group of people that makes them different from others is called ____________.
7. Examples of social issues in Nigeria are the following except ____________.
(d) drug abuse
8. HIV/AIDS can be spread through the following ways except ____________.
(a) sleeping with an infected partner
(b) breast feeding
(c) unsterilized sharp objects
(d) blood transfusion
9. HIV/AIDS victims are simply referred to as ____________.
10. ____________ involves the use of creative problem solving skills.
11. Those beliefs in the African setting that are common held but not true are called ____________.
12. STI or STD means ____________ or ____________.
13. The NYSC was established in the year ____________.
14. The process by which individuals acquire the language, beliefs, values and technical skills of his/her society is referred to as ____________.
15. Types of man’s environment are ____________ and ____________.
16. ____________ is referred to as the bringing together of different parts so that they can function as one.
17. The Nigerian national flag was designed by ____________ in the year ____________.
18. Four examples of social issues in Nigeria are ____________, ____________, ____________ and ____________.
19. One sure way of helping people living with HIV/AIDS is to show them ____________.
20. Nigeria is a country with ____________ major ethnic groups, others are called ____________ she speaks over ____________ languages, with ____________ local government areas.
Answer four (4) questions only.
Question one is compulsory.
A. What is social studies?
B. Using pencil, draw a well labeled diagram indicating all the components of social STUDIES.
C. Write out the second stanza of the Nigerian national anthem as well as the anthem of Award international secondary school. Take note of your spellings.
D. State the motto of the Nigerian coat of arms.
A. Define the term Assertiveness.
B. How is manipulation different from passiveness?
A. What is cultism?
B. List four characteristics of cultism in Nigeria.
A. What do you understand by social issues?
B. List and explain four causes of social problems in Nigeria.
A. What is abstinence?
B. Explain the technique involved in dealing with sexual abstinence.