CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DRAMATIZATION OF STORY TELLING – CREATION OF STORY
TOPIC – DRAMATIZE CHARACTER IN STORY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to dramatize the character of a storyteller.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Illustration in storybooks, characters in story books,cardboard paper etc.
- Video clips on storytelling.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – DISCUSS THE ELEMENTS OF THE STORY
The elements in a story are the people in the story. There are three elements in a story, namely – narrator, characters and audiences.
Narrator – This is the person who tells the story.
Characters – These are the people in the story.
Audiences – These are the people who listen to the story.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – ASK THE PUPILS QUESTIONS BASED ON ELEMENTS IN THE STORY
- Who is the narrator of the story?
- Mention 3 characters in the story.
- Who are the audience listen to the story?
TEACHER’S/ACTIVITIES 3 – LET THE PUPILS DRAMATIZE THE ROLE OF THE NARRATOR AND AUDIENCE
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – DRAMATIZE THE CONTENT OF THE STORY
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Ask pupils questions on the good and the bad behaviors of the characters in the story.
- Encourages and assist pupils on playing the role of a story teller.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer question about the behavior of the character.
- Take the lead in storytelling.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to act the part of a storyteller.