Threat to Personal Security | Meaning and Causes of Rape | How to Prevent Rape Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 2 Security Education
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Security Education Plan Lesson According to the the Lagos State Scheme of Work Notes for Primary 5 (Basic 5) Lesson Notes
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS AND INSECURITY
2. Meaning of Rape
3. Causes of Rape
4. Effects of Rape
5. How to Control Rape
6. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the term – rape.
2. state the causes and effects of rape.
The pupils understand the concept of force.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Personal security is an extra caution taken to ensure your personal safety at all time. Rapists are one of threat to personal security.
MEANING OF RAPE AND RAPISTS
Rape is the used of force to have sex intercourse with someone. Rapist is the person who rapes someone or the person commits rape. The most common rapists are men while the highest victims are women and children (including boys and girls).
Rape may occur between people of the same or opposite sex. It is mostly common among the opposite sex.
Male – Female, opposite sex
Female – Male – opposite sex
Male – Male or Female – Female, same sex
CAUSES OF RAPE
1. Drugs and alcohol
2. Indecent dressing
3. Bad friends
4. Walking alone
5. Night time
7. Flirt behaviour
LESSON 2 – THE EFFECTS OF RAPE AND HOW TO PREVENT RAPE
EFFECTS OF RAPE
9. Feeling alone
10. Suicide or death
HOW TO PREVENT RAPE
1. Wearing a good cloth.
2. Do not walk alone.
3. Stay at home in the night.
4. Stay away from strangers.
5. Stay away from bad friends.
6. Do not go to party where you cannot be comfortable.
7. Stay away from people that abused drugs.
8. Stay away from people drunker.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST) – As stated in the performance objectives or weekly assessment.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes the pupils into two or more groups depending on the size of the class.
3. Teacher displays chart showing the concept of forceful rape.
4. Teacher lets the pupils examine the chart and discuss.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils describe the content of the chart.
5. Teacher uses the chart and the pupil’s relevant responses to introduce the lesson – rape as threat to personal security.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils pay attention to the lesson introduction understand the concept of lesson.
6. Teacher uses the chart showing substances to leads a discuss on the causes and effects of rape on the victims.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in the class discussion.
7. Teacher guides the pupils to state and discuss how to prevent rape in our community.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils suggest possible means of preventing rape in their community.
8. Teacher summarizes the lessons on the board using appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in the summarizes of the lesson by responding to most of the questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Threat to Personal Security – Robbery | Meaning and Causes of Robbery | How to Prevent Robbery Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 3 Security Education
Teacher ask pupils to:
1. explain the term – rape.
2. state 3 causes of rape.
3. mention 3 causes of rape.
4. list 3 effects of rape.
5. discuss 3 ways to prevent rape in the community.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ______ is the used of force to have sex with someone.
2. ______ is one of the causes of rape.
A. Good friends
B. Bad friends
C. Friend and family
4. Rape is a ______ sex.
3. Walking alone at night is not one of the causes of rape.
4. Fear and sadness are some of the effects of rape.
5. Stay away from strangers is one of the ways to control rape.
6. ______ is the person who rapes someone or the person commits rape.
7. Rape may occur between people of the same or opposite ______.
8. The most common rapists are ______ while the highest victims are ______ and ______.
A. Women, men and children
B. Men, women and children
C. Children, women and men
9. Opposite sex means ______ and ______.
A. man and man
B. woman and man
C. boy and man
10. Same sex means ______.
A. sex between men or women
B. sex between one man and one woman
C. sex between man and woman