CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Teaching on How to Pray (Primary 2)
TOPIC – TYPES OF PRAYER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Review on Meaning of Prayer
3. Types of Prayer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the types of prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing types of prayer
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Says what prayer is and ask the pupils to say what prayer is.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Prayer is a way we talk to God and God talks to us.
TYPES OF PRAYER
1. Pray of thanksgiving
2. Prayer of Confession of sins
Luke 18:19 – 23
3. Prayer of petition
1 Samuel 1:17
4. Prayer of Intercessory
Genesis 18: 2 – 23
Teacher’s Activities – Discuss different types of prayer with the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the types of prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – State the types of prayer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
State 3 types of prayer.