THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Parts of a Leaf | Workbook Assessment Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Agriculture
TOPIC – LEAF
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Leaves
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and name parts of a leaf.
2. draw and label a leaf.
3. state the uses of leaves.
The pupils can state the uses of leaves.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing different uses of leaves.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Get a sample of vegetable soup, pop and moi moi wrap in leaves, etc. for to identify the important uses of leaves.
Pupil’s Activities – Leaves are used for cooking soups, making moi moi and pop, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Correct. Leaves are important to people and animals. They are used for different purposes. Discuss the uses of leaves with them and write on the board.
USES OF LEAVES
1. It is used as food for man. For example, for making vegetable soup.
2. It is used as food for animals.
3. It is used as medicine.
4. It is used for packaging cola.
5. It is used for wrapping pop, moi moi and ekuru before cooking.
6. It is sold for money.
7. It is used for traditional coronation.
8. It is used for serving ofada/selling rice.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the uses of leaves.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy the note as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
LESSON EVALUATION/WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
Ask pupils to mention 4 uses of leaves.