THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Land Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – LAND
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Rocks to the Farmers
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state what land is.
2. state the uses of rock to the farmer.
The pupils can identify stones.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of stones and stone grander.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display stone grinder for the pupils to identify and describe its uses.
Accept its local name.
Pupil’s Activities – identify and state the uses of stone grander.
Teacher’s remark – Comment and discuss the uses of stones to the farmers with aid of charts showing uses of stones. Note all points of discussion with the pupils.
USES OF ROCKS OR STONES TO THE FARMERS
Stone grinder is made of stone or rock. The uses of rocks or stones are –
1. They are used for grinding papper, tomatoes, melon, etc.
2. They are used for cracking palm kernel.
3. They are used for check flood (erosion).
4. They are used for scaring birds away.
5. They are used for building farm barns.
LESSON 2 – USES OF ROCKS OR STONES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Take the pupils out for an excursion to the nearest farmland to see some of the uses of stones to the farmers.
Find out from home, the uses of sun.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to mention the uses of rocks shown on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – List the uses of rocks to the farmers.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Explain what land is.
2. Mention 3 uses of rock/stone to the farmer.