RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY AS BASIC UNIT OF SOCIETY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Foods We Eat in Our Culture as Family Members (Primary 2)
TOPIC – FOODS WE EAT IN OUR CULTURE AS FAMILY MEMBERS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons why we eat together as Family
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention the reasons why we eat together.
Foods in our society
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ text and workbooks.
2. Picture showing the different kind of food in our culture.
3. Picture of happy moods of people eating together in the family.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state the goods we eat as a family and the importance of eating together.
Pupil’s Expected Response – as in the previous lesson – Foods We Eat in Our Culture as Family Members (Primary 2)
REASONS WHY WE EAT TOGETHER AS A FAMILY
The importance of eating together as a family are –
1. Promotes communalism
3. Family unity
5. Togetherness, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks the pupils to mention reasons why we eat together.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons why we eat together.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state reasons why we eat together.