ASEI – PDSI LESSON PLAN AND NOTE
- Lesson One – Weight and its units
- Lesson Two – Relationship between units of weight
- Lesson Three – Problems solving
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test/Quantitative
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Recite metric table on weight.
- Convert from one unit of weight to another.
- solve word problems on weight.
- solve problems involving weight, using the basic operations.
- solve problems on quantitative aptitude involving weight.
- Develop interest in practical applications of weight in everyday life.
Weight is the amount of matter in the body. Grams (g) and kilograms (kg) are just units of weight. We measure weigh in grams and kilograms to how heavy different different objects is. Life is so much easier when we know how to measure things, and that is why measurement is so important.
The concept of weight will enable learners to understand and appreciate important of weight in everyday life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Weighing scale.
- Charts of weight of common goods: a bag of cement, a bag of groundnut, a bag of rice etc.
Spring or hanging scales, weighing scales, etc. are device to measure weight. The learners known some of these tools and its uses.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION/TEST