Last Updated on August 27, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
THEME – TRACK AND FIELD EVENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Long Jump – Basic Styles of Long Jump – Practical Demonstration of Long Jump (Primary 6)
TOPIC: LONG JUMP
1. Skills of Long Jump
2. Rules and Regulations of Long Jump
3. Draw and Label of Long Jump Pitch
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. describe long jump;
2. list the basic skills in long jump;
3. demonstrate stages in long jump;
4. mention the rules in long jump;
5. draw and label the long jump pitch.
Running and basic jump.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Long jump rules
win long jump
How long to jump
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION – LONG JUMP
The long jump is a track and field event in which athletes combine speed, strength and agility in an attempt to leap as far as possible from a take off point.
BASIC SKILLS/TECHNIQUES OF LONG JUMP (ACTIVITIES)
1. The approach or run up
2. Take off
LESSON TWO – RULES AND REGULATIONS IN LONG JUMP
1. The number of trials varies with the number of competitors. If more than eight, then each is given three trials. However, if less than eight, then each is given six trials.
2. Practice is allow before the game not to use the competition or take-off area.
3. Measurement is taken perpendicular to the take-off point.
4. Jump is complete within a minute.
5. More chances are given in case the is tied until one performs is better than the other and gain more points.
DIMENSIONS OF LONG JUMP
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the basic skills in long jump;
Pupil’s Activities – Practices skills in the long jump.
3. Teaches the stages in long jump;
4. Explains the rules in long jump;
5. Explains the dimension in dimension;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain the long jump.
List 3 basic skills in long jump.
Mention 2 rules in long jump.
Draw and label the long jump pitch. 4 marks