Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: Civic Values
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Explain the meaning Civic Value.
- Enumerate civic values.
- Discuss the need to imbibe civic values in the society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Civic values mean virtues and character traits which help the growth and development of a country. When such values are imbibed by citizens of a country, there will tend to be unity and progress.
EXAMPLES CIVIC VALUES
NEED FOR CIVIC VALUES IN THE SOCIETY
- To promote democracy
- To promote human rights
- To promote economic development
- To promote peace and harmony
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on the meaning of civic values.
- Pupil’s Activities – contribute to the discussion
- Leads pupils to identify at least five civic values.
- Guides pupils to identify people in the society with good civic values.
- Pupil’s Activities – identify people with good civic values.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – nation.
- Explain the meaning of civic values.
- Explain the needs for civic values in the society.
- List 5 civic values.