Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: AGRICULTURAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Farm Tools – Meaning (Examples) of Crop Farm Tools (Primary 4)
TOPIC – ANIMAL FARM TOOLS
1. Identify Animal Farm Tools
2. Identify Uses of Each Animal Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. name animal farm tools.
2. identify animal farm tools.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Different farm tools e.g. hoe, cutlass, spade, shovel, rake, pick axe, wheelbarrow, fishing nets, hook and line, baskets, watering troughs, feeding troughs, etc.
Poster, charts and pictures of farm tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Basic Agriculture for Primary Schools Pupils’ Book Four
All Relevant Material
Online Information – LEGIT.NG INFOGUIDENIGERIA.COM
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Agriculture Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
There are many kinds of tools used in animal farms.
An animal farm is a place where we rear animals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, fish and poultry.
ANIMAL FARM TOOLS
Animal farm tools are tools used for rearing and catching animals.
Common farm animal tools are –
1. Fishing nets
3. Hook and line
5. Watering troughs
6. Feeding troughs
7. Lantern, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to identify and state the uses of simple farm tools.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 3 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays the animal farm tools in class.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify animal farm tools.
3. Give a board summary.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – find out the uses of animal farm tools.
1. list 4 farm tools.
2. state the uses of hoe, hand trowel, rake, matchet, on the farm, fishing net, hook and line.