Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: AGRICULTURAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC – SIMPLE CROPS FARM TOOLS
1. Identify Farm Tools
2. Identify Uses of Each Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the Farm objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. name farm tools.
2. identify farm tools and their uses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Different farm tools e.g. hoe, cutlass, spade, shovel, rake, pick axe, wheelbarrow, fishing nets, hook and line, baskets, watering troughs, feeding troughs, etc.
Poster, charts and pictures of farm tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Basic Agriculture for Primary Schools Pupils’ Book Four
All Relevant Material
Online Information – LEGIT.NG INFOGUIDENIGERIA.COM
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Agriculture Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Farm tools are the equipments or instruments that are used on the farm.
CROP FARM TOOLS
Crop farm tools are the equipments that are used for clearing, cultivating, planting, harvest, etc. on the farmland.
Examples of crop farm tools are the cutlass, hoe, rake, garden fork, spade, shovel, axe, pickaxe, wheelbarrow, secateurs, shears, sickle, head pan and watering can.
Crop farm tools can be put in groups as:
2. Pick axe
5. Garden fork
6. Hand trowel
7. Digging fork
2. Head pan
3. Wheel barrow
1. watering can
2. Water hose
4. Water tank
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to identify and state the uses of simple farm tools.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 2 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays the farm tools in class.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify farm tools.
3. Give a board summary.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – Find out the uses of farm tools.
1. list 4 farm tools.
2. state the uses of hoe, hand trowel, rake, matchet, on the farm, fishing net, hook and line.
3. mention the uses of wheel barrow, watering can, head pan in the farm.