Last Updated on September 1, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
Updated on September 1st, 2020
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Third Term Examination (Primary 1 Cultural and Creative Arts)
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO ARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Arts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what arts is;
2. identify the basic works of arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – CULTURAL CREATIVE ARTS for Primary 1, A K Badaru, C Ndubuisi, G Akinsola, A Abdul, S A Akinsowo, A Oni
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
IDENTIFICATION OF BASIC WORKS OF ARTS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays different simple arts (like cup, chair, ball, etc.) with different colours for the people to identify.
Asks them to draw and colour any one of the arts.
Teacher’s remark – Commends the artwork and lets the pupils know that, what they drawn and colour are called arts.
MEANING OF ARTS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Discussion on What is Arts?
Arts means drawing and painting something.
It is making something beautiful.
LESSON TWO – MAKING ARTS WITH PAPER
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guides pupils to make arts like fan, boat, etc. with paper or cardboard.
Arts also means making beautiful things or making something beautiful.
Examples of these beautiful things are –
Some of them are used in the home.
Examples are hand fans, mats and jugs.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify each art work on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify art works on the charts.
3. Explain what arts is with visual aids.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the meaning of arts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt the following questions –
1. ___________ means drawing and painting something.
2. Arts also means ___________ beautiful things.
Mention 2 examples of arts that can be drawn or make.
4. Draw and colour one arts of your choice.
5. Make one simple arts with paper or cardboard.