Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: OUR VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – WAYS OF MAKING MORE PEOPLE OWN HOUSES
TOPIC – VALUES IN HOUSES CONSTRUCTION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify the values involved in house construction.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid OF pictures and videos of collapse buildings.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Values are those ideas about what is right and what is wrong or what is important in life and society.
Values keep a society attractive, safe and sound.
THE VALUES IN HOUSE CONSTRUCTION
Generally, the values of our society in house construction are as follows:
- Self reliance
- Hard work
- Concern for others quality standard
- Accountability, etc.
THE DANGERS IN POORLY CONSTRUCTED HOUSES
A poorly constructed house is very dangerous because it may eventually collapse and destroy lives and property. We can avoid this danger by observing the following –
- A suitable foundation a particular building.
- Materials needed for house construction.
- Workers in house construction.
These materials include all materials needed from the building foundation and the finishing point.
SOME SKILLS INVOLVED IN HOUSE CONSTRUCTION
The skills of the following professionals are important in house construction:
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify the skills involved in house construction.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in identifying the values involved in house construction.
- Explains the dangers of poorly constructed houses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the dangers of poorly constructed houses.
- Lists and discusses with pupils, skills involved in house construction.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss some skills involved in house construction.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Government’s main service
- Identify 2 values in house construction.
- Mention 4 danger of poorly constructed houses.
- List 5 skills involved in house construction.