Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – HARDWARE COMPONENTS – OUTPUT DEVICES
TOPIC – COMPUTER MONITOR
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Define the term monitor.
- List types of monitor
- State the uses of monitor.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Functional computer systems.
- Chart shows different types of monitor.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Asks the pupils to identify and differential between computer monitors and televisions.
A computer monitor is an output device that displays information in pictorial form.
TYPES OF MONITOR
There are types of monitors. Namely –
C – R – T monitor stands Cathode – Ray Tube
L – C – D monitor stands Liquid – Crystal Display
USES OF MONITOR
The main uses of computer monitors is to display information or data in image or video.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lets the pupils identify and differential between computer monitors and televisions.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and differential between computer monitors and televisions.
- Leads them to compare and differential between CRT and LCD monitors.
- Pupil’s Activities – Compare and differential between CRT and LCD monitors.
- Asks the pupils to state the main uses of computer monitors.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the main uses of computer monitors.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Printer
Pupils to answer the following questions.
1. What is a computer monitor?
2. What is the different between monitor and television?
3. CRT stands for _________________________________________________
4. LCD stands for _________________________________________________
5. What is the different between CRT and LCD?