Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – HARDWARE COMPONENTS – INPUT
TOPIC – OUTPUT DEVICES
Output devices are parts of computer we use to display and print our information from the computer.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- state the meaning of computer hardware components
- list the hardware components of a computer;
- list hardware output devices.
- The pupils are required to already have learned meaning of computer.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- System unit
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Computer Studies for Primary 4
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – HARDWARE COMPONENTS (OUTPUT)
Lets the pupils print what they typed and scanned. Make use of speakers and headpiece. Play and connect the speakers or headpiece to produce sound. Watch their photos and videos using projector.
Asks them the following questions –
- _____________ is used for printing. (printer)
- _____________ is used to hear music from computer. (speakers or headpiece).
- _____________ is used for viewing from computer. (projector and monitor).
Tells them the answers mentioned are called output devices.
HARDWARE COMPONENTS – OUTPUT DEVICES
Output devices allow computers to communicate with users and with other devices.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Shows the hardware components that make up the computer;
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the hardware components in groups.
- Displays pictures of the hardware components – output devices;
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify hardware output devices. Draw and label the hardware components.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Monitor
1. Explain the meaning of hardware.
2. What is output devices?
3. Identify 5 hardware components – output devices.
COMPUTER STUDIES FIRST TERM THIRD WEEK