Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – PRINT MAKING
TOPIC – MODELLING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- state the meaning of paper Mache (mashed paper).
- identify the materials used for paper Mache.
- name some objects that could be produced using papier Mache.
- produce objects using papier Mache.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Old newspapers
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Modeling is the method of creating objects using soft clay and paper mache.
MEANING OF PAPER MACHE
Paper Mache is the method of creating objects using mashed or pounded paper mixed with starch.
MATERIALS FOR MAKING PAPER MACHE
- paper (mashed)
- Pestle and mortar
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains meaning of paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the meaning of paper mache.
- Names some materials used for paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – Name some materials used for paper mache.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Modelling II
1. ________________________ is the method of creating objects using soft clay and paper Mache. (1 marks)
2. State the meaning of paper mache.
____________________________________________________________________ (5 marks)
3. Name 4 materials used for making paper mache.
A. __________________________________________ (1 mark)
B. __________________________________________ (1 mark)
C. __________________________________________ (1 mark)
D. __________________________________________ (1 mark)