Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD PLAN FOR US
PREVIOUS LESSON – TYPES OF WORK
TOPIC – REASONS WHY WE SHOULD WORK?
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- explain why people should work.
- explain the importance of every occupation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Working implements e.g.. hoe, fishing net, wood, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
28 blessed them, and said, “Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals.
29 I have provided all kinds of grain and all kinds of fruit for you to eat;
30 but for all the wild animals and for all the birds I have provided grass and leafy plants for food”—and it was done.
WHY WE SHOULD WORK
God wants us to work. We work –
- To earn living.
- To take care of our needs.
- To provide for your family.
- So you don’t become lazy and a busybody.
- To give to the church.
- To give to others.
- To thank God.
(GENERAL 1:28 – 30;3:17; 2THESSALONIANS 3:3 – 13).
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the meaning of work with the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain the term, “work”.
- Lists different types of work.
- Pupil’s Activities – State types of work.
- Gives reasons why we should work – We supply our needs through hard work.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give reasons why we should work
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision, Test and Examination
Pupils to list 5 reasons why they should work.