CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
WEEK 9 –
THEME – GOD PLAN FOR US
PREVIOUS LESSON – God wants us to work (Primary 5)
TOPIC – TYPES OF WORK
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention different types of work.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Working implements e.g.. hoe, fishing net, wood, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Work is the efforts put to get something done. Or to accomplish a goal.
Bible reading – MATTHEW 4:18 – 22, PROVERBS 31;13 – 19
TYPES OF WORK
- Teaching, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the meaning of work with the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain the term, “work”.
- Lists different types of work.
- Pupil’s Activities – State types of work.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Reason why we should work?
Pupils to attempt all the questions.
1. Jesus met Simon Peter and his brother Andrew at ________________.
2. Simon Peter and Andrew are ________________ before becoming Fisher of men.
3. James and his Andrew are ________________ too.
4. Why did James and John left their father and the boat?
A. Jesus call them.
B. God call them.
C. Holy Spirit call them
Mention 6 types of work.