Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COMPUTER AND A TELEVISION
TOPIC – USES OF COMPUTER IN SCHOOL
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the uses of computer in school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – TYPING THEIR NAMES AND STORE INFORMATION
ACTIVITIES 1 – STATE THE USES OF COMPUTER
- It is used for typing of text.
- It is used for teaching and learning.
- It is used for drawing.
- It is used for storing information.
- It is used comparing two or more values in order to rearrange them, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to know uses of computer in school.
- Pupil’s Activities – List the uses of computer in schools.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention two uses of computer in school.