CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTRODUCTION TO WEAVING
TOPIC – INTRODUCING VALUE TO CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
1. Meaning of Values
2. Importance of Values
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of values in relation to society.
2. state the importance of values in relation to contemporary issues.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
picture showing persons working hard or gathering used papers into a dust bin.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF VALUES AND SOCIETY
Value is the acceptable way of life by a group in a particular society.
It means good behaviour such as hardworking, honesty, precision, harmony, care, etc.
Value also includes people’s beliefs, language, arts and ways of life.
Society is a group of people living together in an organized way, making decisions and sharing responsibilities.
IMPORTANCE OF VALUES IN A SOCIETY
The Values are important as they –
1. help society to form thoughts, worlds and actions.
2. help people grow and develop.
3. help sustain the practice of arts and crafts in order to bring economic gains.
4. preserve the art culture.
5. inform the society about the culture practiced in a particular society.
6. inculcate cultural practices.
7. develop an acceptable behaviour.
8. document, preserve and promote the cultural practice of the society.
9. help create the future that people want to experience.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of values.
Pupil’s Activities – Contribute to discussion on values.
3. Explains the importance of values.
Pupil’s Activities – State some importance of value to society.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision, Test and Examination
1. Define values.
Suggest 5 activities which are valuable to society.
State 4 importance of values in the society.