Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS THE WAY TO THE FATHER AND OUR GUIDE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 4
TOPIC – JESUS HAS THE POWER TO FORGIVE SINS
LEARNING AREA – The Conditions Necessary for Forgiveness of Sins
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to – explain the conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Bible and relevant materials –
1. Mark 2: 1–12
2. Luke 3; 15: 11–32
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF SIN AND FORGIVENESS
Sin is an offence against God.
Forgiveness means pardon.
FORGIVENESS OF SIN
Forgiveness of sin is the pardon you received from God for the sin against Him.
THE CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS
1. Acknowledgment, accept the wrong we have done.
2. Repentance and changes from doing the wrong thing.
3. Ask for forgiveness.
4. Forgive other the wrong done to you.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the condition necessary for forgiveness of sins.
Pupil’s Activities – State the conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention 4 conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.