Last Updated on January 28, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Values and Maintenance I – Meaning of Value and Maintenance (Primary 6)
TOPIC: VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
1. Relationships between Values and Maintenance
2. Why Maintenance are Important
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. give the relationship between value and maintenance.
2. state why maintenance are important.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
picture showing persons cleaning, materials and tools used in art work.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Online Information – Wikipedia
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LEARNING ONE – INTRODUCTION (VALUES AND MAINTENANCE)
Value is the usefulness or worth of something. Value determines or describes what is important to us.
Maintenance are the activities carried out on daily or regular basis to make our things in good working condition.
Maintenance preserve the value placed on things.
WHY MAINTENANCE ARE IMPORTANT?
Value is what makes maintenance so important and unique. This is because –
1. It makes our tools and equipment last long.
2. It reduces the risk accident around us.
3. It makes our work to be done faster.
4. It keeps our equipments in good condition.
5. It makes our environment to be beautiful.
6. It reduces waste of money.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
Value driven maintenance. Maintenance preserve the value placed on things.
1. Both are importance place on things and actions.
2. Both preserve things and actions.
3. Both determine the course of action.
4. Both bring about better results.
Read more… What Are Personal Values? – Develop Integrity and Purpose by Marcus Neo | Self Improvement and Social Skills – A more psychological definition of values and the tangible benefits of acting with your values. An exercise on how to iron your values (includes dating, relationship values, and business values). Real-life examples of helpful and unhelpful values.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 2 ASSIGNMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the relationship between value and maintenance.
Pupil’s Activities – Contribute to the discussion on relationship between value and maintenance.
3. Guides the pupils to state the importance of maintenance.
Pupil’s Activities – State the importance of maintenance.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. state five (5) importance of maintenance.
2. name two relationship between value and use of old things.