Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Sewing and Mending of Torn Cloth (Practical) Primary 5
TOPIC – PATCHING OF TORN CLOTHES
Practical Work on Patching of Torn Clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
patch a torn cloth.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Needle and thread
Pieces of similar fabric materials
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Patching of torn clothes is the used of a small piece of material to mend a tear cloth. That’s to cover a hole or stain on a cloth.
PROCEDURES FOR PATCHING OF TORN CLOTHES
1. Find a match or similar fabric to the cloth to patch.
2. Measure and cut based on the size of tear or hole.
3. Set the sewing machine.
4. Place the cloth and patch.
5. Start sewing.
PRACTICAL WORK ON PATCHING OF TORN CLOTHES
REVISION AND WEEK 9 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or patching of torn clothes.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and allows pupils to properly patch a torn cloth.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the teacher’s instructions on how to properly patch a torn cloth.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
patch a torn cloth.