Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of Security Agencies – Nigerian Police Force (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
1. Identification of Security Agencies – FRSC and LASTMA
2. Duties of Nigerian FRSC and LASTMA
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies(FRSC and LASTMA) and their primary duties.
FRSC and LASTMA
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing FRSC and LASTMA.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DESCRIPTION OF FRSC AND LASTMA UNIFORMS
Teacher’s activities – Listen to the pupils as they describe the uniforms of FRSC AND LASTMA.
FRSC stands Federal Road Safety Corps
LASTMA stands Lagos State Traffic Management Authority
DUTIES OF FRSC AND LASTMA
Federal Road Safety Corps is the Government Agency with statutory responsibilities for road safety administration in Nigeria.
The duties of FRSC include
1. Making the highways safe for all road users.
2. Educating road users and other members.
3. Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway.
4. Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways.
5. Designing and producing vehicle number plates.
6. Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists.
7. Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices.
8. Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highways.
DUTIES OF LASTMA
Lagos State Traffic Management Authority. The duties of LASTMA includes –
1. To ensure free traffic flow on Lagos roads.
2. Install and maintain traffic control devices on the highways.
3. Relate with other traffic management agencies.
4. Conduct research on drivers’ behaviors and traffic safety.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of FRSC and LASTMA.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of FRSC and LASTMA.
3. Organise excursion visits to FRSC and LASTMA within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the FRSC and LASTMA within their environment.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe various FRSC and LASTMA.
2. state 5 duties of FRSC.
3. state 5 duties of LASTMA.