Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification of Common Criminal Behaviors (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
How to Avoid Criminal Behaviours
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify common criminal behaviours and their punishments.
2. learn to avoid criminal behaviours.
People stealing or taking things that belong to other people.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing list of criminal behaviours
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Avoiding Criminal Behaviours – Gangs (Primary 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Criminal behaviours are unacceptable behavior in any community. For example, stealing, fighting, etc.
There are different punishments for different criminal behaviors such killing by hanging (depending on the offenses), imprisonment (life sentence or normal sentence), burn alive, if you are unlucky (jungle justice).
WAYS TO AVOID CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Not joining gangs.
2. Avoid peer pressure.
3. Learn to be self satisfied.
4. Avoid conversations with strangers.
5. Complete your education – formal or informal education.
6. Get a job and earn living – remember, no food for a lazy man.
7. Manage your finances – always save for unknown, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify various criminal offences and their punishments.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the various criminal offences and their punishments.
3. Organizes excursion visit to the nearest security agencies within their vicinity to find out ways of avoiding criminal behaviour.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the nearest Police Stations and ask questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention the various criminal offences and their punishments.
2. mention some of the ways of avoiding criminal behaviours.