Last Updated on February 28, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Agriculture Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – LAND
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Land
3. Things Found on the Land
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. touch the ground.
2. identify the ground as land.
3. state what land is.
The pupils can identify land and its used.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of school compound.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Takes the pupils outside of the classroom and asks them to state 5 things they see within and around them.
Pupil’s Activities – Stones, grasses, houses, cars, animals – goat, chicken, dog, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Stones, grasses, houses, cars are found on ____________.
Pupil’s response – On the ground.
Teacher’s remark – Ground is also known as LAND. Discuss the meaning of land with the pupils and write on the board.
MEANING OF LAND
Land is the solid part of the earth not covered by water.
LESSON 2 – THINGS FOUND FOUND ON THE LAND
3. Animals – earthworm, ant, goat, etc.
Find out different between swampy and dry land.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of land.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and explain the meaning of land.
3. Mention things found on the land.
Pupil’s Activities – State things found on the land.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Explain what land is.
2. mention 3 things found on the land.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. _________________ is known as land.
2. _________________ is part of the earth.
3. Land is part of the earth that is not covered with _________________.
Mention 2 things found on the land.