ASEI PDSI LESSON PLAN AND NOTE ON MATHEMATICS
TOPIC: Open Sentences
- Lesson One – Meaning of Open Sentences
- Lesson Two – Open Sentences – Addition and Substation
- Lesson Three – Open Sentences – Multiplication and Division
- Lesson Four – Simple Equations – Use Letter to Replace the Box
- Lesson Five – Revision/Test/Quantitative Reasoning
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- define open sentences.
- find missing number in an open sentence.
- solve related quantitative aptitude problems on open sentences involving multiplication and division.
Sentences are not only used in English class, but also in Mathematics! In Mathematics, a sentence says something, for example – 2 + 3 = 5 meaning two plus three equal = five. The concept of open sentences will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate addition, substation, multiplication, division and the use of letter involving open sentences.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart containing worked examples on open sentences.
The pupils perform basic operations involving addition, substation, division and multiplication. Also, find the missing numbers involving basic operations, that’s ____ + 6 = 11. In this lesson, the pupils learned and solve problems involving unknown variables.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – OPEN SENTENCES docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – OPEN SENTENCES – ADDITIONA AND SUBSTATION doxc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – OPEN SENTENCES – MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – OPEN SENTENCES – SIMPLE Equation docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 5 – REVISION/TEST/QUANTITATIVE REASONING