Last Updated on February 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – PROTECTION ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Methods of Controlling Harmful Farm Insects or Ways of Controlling Harmful Insects Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – HARMFUL FARM INSECTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Practical Demonstration on How to Controlling Harmful Farm Insects
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state ways of controlling harmful insects.
The pupils can state some of the ways of controlling harmful farm insects.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
1. Insect – killing chemicals with warnings of poison clearly written.
2. School farm or nearest farm.
3. The environment, if the number 2 not available.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Based on the previous discussion, take the pupils to the nearest farm or school farm (if any) and guide them to demonstrate some of the methods of controlling harmful farm insects.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
1. Demonstrate local methods of controlling insects in the environment or on the farms.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate local methods of controlling insects in the environment or on the farms..
2. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to demonstrate how to controlled harmful farm insects.