THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Classification of Energy Giving Foods (Primary 3)
TOPIC – BALANCED DIET – PROTEIN
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Protein
3. Identification of Body Building Food
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name local body building foods.
2. identify local body building foods.
Eggs, meats, fish, milk, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Samples of body building food stuffs of plant and animal origins.
2. Charts showing body building foods of plant and animal origin.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays samples or chart showing body building food of animals and crops origins for the pupils to identify by name, listen to the pupils and note their points on the board and tell them, all these identified foods are called BODY BUILDING FOODS – that’s PROTEIN FOODS
Pupil’s Activities – Names body building foods on the chart, noted as follow –
LOCAL BODY BUILDING FOODS
9. Chicken, etc.
MEANING OF PROTEIN FOODS
Protein foods are body building foods.
Note – Let the pupils read the meaning correctly.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts of body building foods.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe charts of body building food found in the locality
4. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Bring some examples of body building foods from home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. ______________________ are body building foods.
2. Eggs, beans, fish, groundnut and chicken are ______________________.
A. Food Nutrients
Circle all the body building foods.
3. Rice, eggs and crayfish
4. Fish, millet, meat
5. Orange, chicken, groundnut
State 5 body building food.