Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Energy Giving Foods – Meaning and Examples Carbohydrates (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ENERGY GIVING FOODS
1. introductory Activities
2. Classification of Energy Giving Foods
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
classify energy giving foods.
yam, cocoyam, cassava, potato, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of energy giving foods.
2. Energy giving food stuff specimens.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Classification of Body Building Foods – Animals and Crops Origins (Primary 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities –
- Display samples or chart showing energy giving food of tuber and grain origins. For example, yam and rice, ask the pupils give similar foods that’s like tubers and grains.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and group energy giving food into tubers and grains origins
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board in tabular form and introduce the lesson – Classification of Energy Giving Foods.
LOCAL ENERGY GIVING FOODS
4. Potatoes, etc.
3. Guinea corn
4. Rice, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays and identify energy giving food items according to class.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the food stuff closely, identify and separate them according to their origin.
3. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Bring some examples of energy giving foods from home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
Underline if the following foods are Tuber or Grain.
1. Rice – Tuber or Grain
2. Yam – Tuber or Grain
3. Amala – Tuber or Grain
4. Millet – Tuber or Grain
5. Bread – Tuber or Grain
6. Group the following into Tuber or Grain.
Mention the 2 classic of energy giving foods.
Give one example of tuber energy giving foods.
Give one example of grain energy giving foods.