RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – THE COMMUNITY’S LEADERS AND TITLES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
TOPIC – THE DISADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the disadvantages of chosen a leader in the community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Guide discussion on findings
- Pupils textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – GIVE 5 EXAMPLES OF LEADERS IN THE COMMUNITY
- The Baale
- The Oba (King)
- The Local Government Chairman
- The Governor
- The President
Take a lead for the pupils to be able to give examples of leaders in our community.
ACTIVITIES 2 – TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES
THE MEANING OF DISADVANTAGES
Disadvantages mean the bad features of something.
Let the pupils to discuss the disadvantages of not having good water, road, etc.
ACTIVITIES 3 – THE DISADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
- Arrogance, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains what disadvantage means.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the word disadvantage.
- Discuss with the pupils, the disadvantages of chosen a leader in the community.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussing the disadvantage of choosing a leader in the community
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention three (3)disadvantage of choosing a leader in the community