BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Sense of Sight (Eyes) Primary 2
TOPIC: THE SENSE OF SIGHT (EYES)
1. Introductory Activities
2. Observation and Naming of Objects Based on:
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. observe and identify of sense of sight (eyes).
2. observe, identify and name objects bases on –
3. draw sense of sight.
Sense of sight
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Coloured pencils and crayon.
Wooden blocks of different sizes, shapes and colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS ACCORDING TO THEIR COLOURS, SHARES AND SIZES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Display different shapes with different colours and sizes for pupils to identify and name.
Hint – You can cut different colours of cardboards into circles, triangles, squares, etc. with different sizes.
IDENTIFICATION OF COLOURS
What colour is this?
2. Blue, etc.
IDENTIFICATION OF SHAPES
What shape is this?
1. Truck (motor)
2. Christian tree
LESSON TWO – IDENTIFICATION OF SIZES (PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES)
1. Arrange these shapes from smaller to the biggest.
2. Arrange these shapes from biggest to the smallest.
FIELD ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT COLOUR, SHAPE AND SIZES OF OBJECTS IN THE CLASSROOM, SCHOOL COMPOUND AND AT HOME
Guides pupils to identify different colours, shapes and sizes of various objects in the classroom, school compound and asks them to mention objects with different colours and sizes at home.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses with the pupils, eyes as a sense of sigh.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe and identify the organ of sight;
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the important of the eyes as the organ of sight.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Find out the number of the following shapes –
Find out the number of the following colours –
9. Red circles
10. Yellow circles
11. Blue circle
12. Green circles
13. Red triangles
14. Blue triangles
15. Yellow triangles
16. Blue triangles
17. Blue squares
18. Yellow squares
19. Green squares
20. Red squares