Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 1 – WEEK 3
THEME – WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Writing of Alphabet (Primary 1)
TOPIC – ALPHABETICAL Letters – A — Z
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Writes words on the board and call on pupils to name letters in the word.
2. Writes sentences on the board and lets pupils name letters in the sentence.
3. Frames a word in a sentence and guides pupils to name letters in the word.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Word Charts
3. Writing books
4. Sand Trays.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Writing of Alphabetical Letters – A — Z
1. Trace and letters in sand trays.
2. Trace letters in writing books.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Writes words on the board and call on pupils to name letters in the word.
Pupil’s Activities – Points to and name letters in a word.
3. Writes sentences on the board and lets pupils name letters in the sentence.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify letters in the sentences.
4. Frames a word in a sentence and guides pupils to name letters in the word.
Pupil’s Activities – Take turns to frame printed words and name letters in a word.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name the letters in given prints and
2. match letters printed on cards to names of the alphabet.