PLANE GEOMETRIC SHAPES
Circle is a closed curve with all points the same distance from a center point
Characteristics of Circle
- Diameter – distance across a circle through the circle is the diameter.
- Radius – the distance from the center to any point on the circle.
- Circumference – distance round a circle.
Relationship between Diameter and Radius
- Diameter – twice of a radius.
- Radius – half of a diameter.
Triangle is a 3 sided plane figure or shape.
Characteristics of Triangle
- The sum of the inside angels equal to 180.
Types of Triangles
- Equilateral Triangle – 3 equal sides and 3 equal angles.
- Isosceles Triangle – 2 equal sides and 2 equal angles.
- Scalene Triangle – none of its sides or angles are equal.
Quadrilateral is a four sided plane figure or shape.
Characteristics of Quadrilateral
- The sum of the inside angels equal to 360º.
Types of Quadrilateral
- Square – 4 equal sides and 4 equal angles – all angles are at right angles, that’s 90º each.
- Rectangle – 2 equal opposite sides and 4 equal angles – all angles are at right angles, that’s 90º each.
- Rhombus – opposite and angles sides are equal.
- Parallelogram – 2 equal opposite sides and 4 equal angles. Square, rectangle and rhombus are parallelogram.
- Trapezium or Trapezoid – 2 parallel sides.
Pentagon is a five sided figure or shapes.
Characteristics of Pentagon
- 5 equal sides and 5 equal angles.
- The sides and angles of a regular pentagon are equal.
Did you like the posts on our website or would you like to get some feedback? Click on one of the buttons and let us know your opinions!?