THEME – DISEASE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Nursery 1 – Age 3 | Nursery 2 – Age 4 | Kindergarten – Age 3 Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes
TOPIC – DISEASES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Disease and Illness
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say the meaning of illness.
2. mention examples of illness.
Hospital, Pharmacy or Sickness
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures or chart showing people with wound or sick people.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays a chart showing sick people for the children to identify and identify people among themselves.
Teacher’s remark – Listen the children and tell them that sick people are to be taken to the hospital.
MEANING OF DISEASE OR ILLNESS
Illness is when you are sick. Illness is also when you feel unwell.
Note – Based on the level of the children, make the meaning as simple as you can. And let’s assume disease and illness are same.
EXAMPLES OF ILLNESS OR DISEASES
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing the examples of illness and disease for the purpose of learning.
6. Chicken pox
7. Polio, etc.
Note – Always refer child(ren) for treatment when necessary to appropriate health centre.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing sick people.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify sick people on the chart.
3. Uses chart to explain and give examples of Illness.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the meaning of Illness with examples.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. ____________________ is when you are sick.
2. Sickness make people ____________________.
3. ____________________ causes pain in the body.
4. Cough is a sickness.
5. Where should we go when we sick ?