THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Classification of Body Building Foods – Animals and Crops Origins (Primary 3)
TOPIC – FRUITS CROPS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Fruits
3. Names of Fruits
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain fruits.
2. identify and names some local fruit crops.
Oranges, mango, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Samples of fruits – pawpaw, banana, pineapple, etc.
2. Chart of fruit trees – orange, mango, guava, banana, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays samples or chart showing fruits.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and mention fruits crops.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board and cardboard.
NAMES OF LOCAL FRUITS CROPS
5. Lime orange
10. Water melo
11. Carrot, etc.
MEANING OF FRUITS
Fruits are part of crops that contain seeds.
Fruits are good source of vitamins and minerals.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays and identify samples of fruit crops.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Observe samples of fruit crops.
- List some fruit they eat at home.
3. Explains the meaning fruit crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and define fruit crops.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. _________________ are part of crops that contain seeds.
2. _________________ are good source of vitamins and minerals.
3. Oranges, mango and rice are examples of fruit crops.
4. Banana, apple and grape are example of fruit crops.
5. Explain fruit crops?
Names 4 local fruit crops.
10. Circle or underline all the fruit crops.