CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Introduction to Music – Singing (Primary 1)
TOPIC – BRANCHES/TYPES OF ARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Branches of Arts
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify the basic works of arts;
2. explain different types of arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures, Real Arts, Pencils, Crayons
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – CULTURAL CREATIVE ARTS for Primary 1, A K Badaru, C Ndubuisi, G Akinsola, A Abdul, S A Akinsowo, A Oni
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Display Sample of some artwork or chart showing different artworks.
IDENTIFICATION OF WORKS OF ARTS
BRANCHES OF ARTS
Painting is the art of colouring.
It is applying color to an object.
Sculpture is the art of making beautiful using wood, clay, metal, stone, etc. For examples are baskets, chairs, tables, pots, images, etc.
Textile is the art of making and designing of clothes. We use flowers and plants to make beautiful patterns on clothes.
Ceramics is also called pottery. It is the art of moulding with clay. We mould plates, tea cups, saucer and pots from clay.
Graphics is the art of drawing and designing of objects on the paper or in a computer. Examples are birthday card or calendar.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display sample of some of the artworks or chart showing different artworks.
3. Lets pupils examine the sample or chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine the artwork or study the chart.
4. Leads pupils to identify the unique differences or features of each artworks.
5. Asks pupils to state the materials used for making each artwork.
Pupil’s Activities – State the materials used for making each of the artworks.
6. Discuss different branches/types of arts.
Pupil’s Activities – Discusses with one another the branches/types of arts.
7. Summary each of the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. explain the meaning of art.
2. identify the basic works of arts.
2. state 3 types of art.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. _____ is the making of beautiful things.
2. The art of colouring an object _____.
3. Ceramic art is also called _____.
4. The art of making patterns on objects is _____.
5. The art of drawing and design on paper or in the computer is _____.
MATCH EACH ART WITH THE CORRECT NAME