NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Bomb and Explosion – Meaning of Bomb Explosion | Negative Effects of Bombing Explosion Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 1 Week 2 Security Education
TOPIC – CONCEPT OF BOMBING
2. Meaning and Suicide Bombing
3. Consequences of Involving Suicide Bombing
4. Solutions of Bombing in Nigeria
5. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of suicide bombing.
2. Consequences of Involving Suicide Bombing
3. Solutions to Bombing in Nigeria
The pupils can describe the concept of explosion
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
An explosion is a sudden and noisy bursting of energy, mostly caused by a bomb.
Bomb is an explosive device that is capable of destroying lives and properties.
Bomb explosion is the release of enough energy that can destroy lives and properties.
MEANING OF SUICIDE BOMBING
Suicide is the act of causing one’s own death.
This is when someone killed him/herself.
Suicide bombing is the use of explosion device to caused harm or destroy lives and properties along with him/herself.
This activity is carried out by a terrorist or suicide bomber.
A terrorist is a person or groups of people who treat the existence of other people living in a part environment.
CAUSES OF SUICIDE BOMBING
The causes of suicide bombing are as follows:
1. War (fight between states or countries)
2. Enemy’s attack
3. Setup or plan work to attack certain people or properties.
4. Disagreement between people, states or countries.
LESSON 2 – CONSEQUENCES AND SOLUTIONS TO BOMBING IN NIGERIA
CONSEQUENCES OF BOMBING IN NIGERIA
The consequences of suicide bombing in Nigeria are as follows:
1. It destroyed lives and properties.
2. It caused temporary or permanent injuries.
3. It slow down growth and development.
4. It destroyed farmland.
5. It rendered people homeless.
SOLUTIONS OF SUICIDE BOMBING IN NIGERIA
The solutions to suicide bombing in Nigeria are as follows:
1. Provision adequate security personnel.
2. Train and retain security personnel from one to time.
3. Provision of professional investigators.
4. Provision of security weapons, tools and apparatus.
5. Provision adequate patrol teams.
6. Provision of local policing.
8. Increase and adequate funding for the security.
9. All security’s personnel must be accountable.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class and available instructional materials.
3. Teacher displays chart showing suicider.
4. Teacher lets the pupils identify and discuss what happens on the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners identify and discuss the concept of suicider.
5. Teacher listens to the pupils and uses their relevant responses to introduce the lesson.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of lesson.
6. Teacher uses the chart to lead a discussion on concepts of suicide, suicide bombing and terrorist.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners explain the following – suicide, suicide bombing and terrorist.
7. Teacher uses the chart showing the consequences of suicide bombing to explain the consequences of suicide bombing and their solutions.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners analyze the consequences of suicide bombing and itemize possible solutions.
8. Teacher summarizes each lesson on the board with appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to the questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Source of Dangers and Insecurity – Meaning of Suspicious Movement | Reporting Suspicious Movements Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 1 Week Week 4 Security Education
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of,
2. state 3 consequences of involving suicide bombing.
3. mention 3 solutions to Bombing in Nigeria
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________ is the act of causing one’s own death.
2. ________ is the use of explosion device to caused harm or destroy lives and properties along with him/herself.
A. Bombing explosion
B. Suicide bomber
C. Suicide bombing
3. Suicide bombing is carried out by a ________.
4. ________ is a person or groups of people who treat the existence of other people living in a part environment.
5. A person who takes his or her own life, or intends to do so is called ________.
6. Which of these is the solution to suicide bombing?
A. Supporting terrorism
B. Discouraging terrorism
C. Salary increase
State 2 consequences of involving suicide bombing.
Mention 2 solutions to Bombing in Nigeria.