CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Arts | Importance Uses of Art | Origin of Art | Nigerian Artworks Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Cultural and Creative Arts
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO ARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Arts
3. Branches/Types of Art
4. Production Artworks
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. name the branches of Art.
2. produce any artwork of choice.
The pupils can paint object(s).
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustration of Art works
2. Printed materials
4. Old calender
7. Works of Art
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Art Book 4
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Review the previous lesson on art.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson review.
Teacher’s remark – Good job you for active participation.
Teacher’s Activities – Display sample of different types of arts for the pupils to identify and discuss based on what they are made of.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class activities.
Teacher’s remark – Good job you. The sample/chart shows different types of arts. Discuss and summary the types of arts on the board.
BRANCHES/TYPES OF ARTS
There are different branches of arts. They are also called types of art. They are:
Painting is the art of colouring. It is applying color to an object.
Sculpture is the art of making beautiful using wood, clay, metal, stone, etc. Examples are baskets, chairs, tables, pots, images, etc.
Textile is the art of making and designing of clothes. We use flowers and plants to make beautiful patterns on clothes.
Ceramics is also called pottery. It is the art of moulding with clay. We mould plates, tea cups, saucer and pots from clay.
Graphics is the art of drawing and designing of objects on the paper or in a computer. Examples are birthday card or calendar.
LESSON 2 – PROJECT WORK
Get clay soil and engage the pupils, individually or in groups depending on the size of the class to mould any object of choice.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to explain the meaning of art.
Pupil’s Activities – explain the meaning of art.
3. Identifies the branches of Art.
Sets an Art work before the class and explains it to the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw an Art work.
4. Summary the key points on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. State the meaning of Art
2. List 4 branches of Ar
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ______ is a a visual and non visual presentation of feelings (thoughts) or imagination through drawing, painting, music, drama, literature, dance, etc.
2. Art is the ability to create something ______ for our use.
3. The origin of art dates back to the ______.
A. old stone age
B. new stone age
C. early stone age
4. The ______ started the art of painting when they documented their hunting experiences on the walls of caves.
A. old men
B. new men
C. early men
5. The early men lived in ______.
6. ______ is used for keeping records of important events, history and culture.
7. Which of these is not one of the uses of art?
A. It is used for communication.
B. It is used for expressing one’s feelings.
C. It is not used for decoration and beautification.
8. ______ is the art of colouring.
9. Painting is applying ______ to an object.
10. ______ is the art of making beautiful using wood, clay, metal, stone, etc.
11. ______ is the art of making and designing of clothes.
12. ______ is also called pottery.
13. ______ is the art of moulding with clay.
14. We mould plates, tea cups, saucer and pots from ______.
A. loamy soil
B. clay soil
C. sandy soil
15. ______ is the art of drawing and designing of objects on the paper or in a computer.
16. Art is a a ______ and ______ presentation of feelings (thoughts) or imagination through drawing, painting, music, drama, literature, dance, etc.
B. non visual
C. A and B
17. ______ is the ability to create something beautiful for our use.
State 3 art works in Nigeria.