THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Making simple Relevant Clothing Articles V – Making Tray Covers (Primary 5)
TOPIC – CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF CLOTHING
1. Introduction to Care and Maintenance of Clothing
2. Materials Needed for Caring and Maintaining Clothes
3. Ways to Care and Maintain Different Clothes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
care and maintenance of clothing.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Washing machine (if available)
5. Pressing iron
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (CARE AND MAINTENANCE)
Caring and Maintaining are very important in reducing waste lifestyle.
These reduce the demand for more resources.
Care and Maintenance of clothing are the ways of keeping clothes clean in a proper manner in order to last longer.
WAYS OF CARING AND MAINTAINING CLOTHES
If you care for your clothes, you will want to take the following point into consideration:
1. Learn basic repairs.
2. Mend your clothes as soon as they are torn.
3. Store clothes properly, either by folding neatly and storing in boxes/suitcases or hanging with suitable hangers.
4. Do not store dirty or damp clothes.
5. Empty your pockets before washing.
6. Wash clothes as soon as they are dirty.
7. Avoid washing clothes of different colors at the same time.
8. Let everything air out
9. Study label on the clothes.
10. Change underwear everyday.
11. Avoid using washing machine for all your clothes.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 7 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or demonstrate by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the simple ways to caring and maintaining clothing.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify ways of caring and maintaining clothing.
3. Guides and allows pupils to demonstrate how to care and maintain different clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s guidelines.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 ways of caring and maintaining different clothes.
2. perform simple ways of care and maintenance of clothing.