THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Functions of the Eyes | Materials for the Care of the Eyes | Dangers of not Caring for the Eyes Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
TOPIC -THE EYES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Ways of Caring for the Eyes
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify the eyes.
2. state the functions of the eyes.
3. list the materials for cleaning the eyes.
4. mention ways of caring for the eyes.
The pupils can state dangers of not caring for the eyes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY QUESTIONS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Review the previous lesson – Functions of the Eyes | Materials for the Care of the Eyes | Dangers of not Caring for the Eyes Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics.
LESSON 2 – WAYS OF CARING FOR THE EYES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Class discussion
1. Eat healthy foods or balanced diet.
2. Wear sunshine
3. Avoid dusty environment.
4. Avoid smoke.
5. Exercise regularly.
6. Give your eyes a rest
7. Avoid unnecessary makeup
8. Don’t skip night sleep.
Find out the meaning of home.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss ways of caring for the eyes.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. draw their eyes from the chart shown.
2. mention three functions of the eyes.
3. describe three ways of caring for the eyes.
1. ____________ is good for the eyes.
A. Healthy foods
B. Dusty environment
C. Irregular exercise
2. ____________ is protect the eyes against the sun.
A. Face handkerchief
B. Face cap
C. Face towel
3. It is a good not to skip the night sleep.
4. Dusty environment can make the eyes go blind.
5. Sunglasses can protect the eyes from the dusty environment.