TOPIC: Food – Types and Uses
- Lesson One – Food
- Lesson Two – Classes of Food
- Lesson Three – Uses of Food
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- define food.
- state reasons for eating food.
- list the six classes of food and their uses.
- mention classes of food nutrients.
- explain the functions of each food nutrient.
Food is what people and animals eat to survive. The food we eat usually comes from animals or plants. It gives us energy and nutrition. It contains the nutrition that people needed to be healthy. The consumption of food is enjoyable to humans. If someone cannot afford food they go hungry. In this lesson, the concept of food will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate different classes of food and the uses of food.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts on food nutrients;
- Charts on food groups;
- Charts on adequate diet.
The pupils understand the importance of food in the body. In many cases, they eat excess of a particular class of food (especially – carbohydrates) which sometimes affects their health. In this lesson, the pupils will learn how to take different classes of food in moderate.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- BASIC Science and Technology Book 4
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PLAN ON FOOD – TYPES AND USES
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – FOOD docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – CLASSES OF FOOD docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 –USES OF FOOD docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION