SECURITY EDUCATION RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
WEEK 2 PRIMARY 2
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification of Security Agencies in Nigeria (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES LEARNING AREA
1. Identification of Security Agencies – Nigerian Police Force
2. Duties of Nigerian Police Force
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies(Nigerian Police Force) and their primary duties.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing Nigerian Police Force.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons. Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DESCRIPTION OF NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE UNIFORM
Teacher’s activities – Listen to the pupils as they describe the uniforms of Nigerian Police Force.
NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police.
DUTIES OF NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE
1. To protect lives and properties.
2. To prevent and control crimes.
3. To arrest the offenders.
4. To investigate and detect crimes.
5. To stop and search in the case of suspend.
6. To maintain the laws and orders
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of Nigerian Police Force.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of Nigerian Police Force.
3. Organise excursion visits to Nigerian Police Station within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the Nigerian Police Station within their environment.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
LESSON EVALUATION Pupils to:
1. identify and describe various Nigerian Police Uniforms.
2. state 5 duties of Nigerian Police Force.